Text and images are copyright. All rights reserved.
Frederick BEST (1873-1958) butcher of Kent
Frederick married Lucy Amy Boult on 28 Dec 1905 at the Temple, St Mary Cray, Orpington. After their marriage, the couple settled in a house called Sannox in St Mary Cray, Orpington, and Frederick continued in the family business as the local butcher at Best and Son in High Street, Orpington.
There were five children:
- Lucy Mildred Best (known as Lulu) born on 5 October 1906. She married Raymond Gerard White (known as Ray) at St Mary Cray, Kent on 27 Aug 1931, and had six children. Lulu White died on 3 (or 4) October 2000.
- Freda Mary Best (Neil's mother), born on 20 Oct 1908, died 23 September 2001.
- Donald Barrington Best, born 4 April 1914.
- Spencer Barrington Best, born on 4 November 1918, died on 26 October 1997.
- Margaret Augusta Best, born 5 July 1916, died in the 1960s.
- We are in contact with their descendants with the exception of those of Donald Best, who was last known in the 1970s running The Pear Tree public house in Hook Norton in the Cotswolds.
Lucy died leaving children who were not yet adult. So Frederick remarried. There were no children of the second marriage. He died on 9 April 1958.